When you receive a payment form a customer, you can either deposit the payment into a bank accounting immediately, or you can wait to make the deposit at a later date.
To make a deposit, follow these steps:
- Choose the Banking menu and select Make Deposits from the drop-down.
- In the Payments to Deposit window, select the payments that you want to deposit and click OK.
- In the Make Deposits window, click the Deposit To drop-down arrow and then select the account to which you want to deposit the funds.
- Verify the date and the list of payments to deposit, making updates as necessary.
- If you expect to receive cash back from the deposit, fill in the Cash Back fields at the bottom of the form.
- If you want to print a deposit slip or deposit summary, click Print.
- Save the deposit.
Note: Just because you have recorded the deposit in QuickBooks doesn’t mean you have actually deposited the money in your bank account. You still need to physically deposit the money at the bank or send an online transfer.