I founded Wright Accounting & Consulting, L.L.C. in June 2014, and shortly thereafter, I created the Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs Blog. Just recently, I began writing the “Financial Tip of the Month” for BIZ.Magazine. My column, and my blog, cover a variety of financial topics such as accounting, entrepreneurship, investments, marketing, and taxation. I was also recently featured in a Shreveport Times article by Miles J. Oliver, and I was honored to be a guest on Ben Mintz’s radio show, Mixin’ It Up with Mintz, on 100.7FM, The Ticket.
Thank you for visiting My Media Appearances page. I am grateful for your consideration to serve as a guest of your publication or blog.
The purpose of this page is to assist you in deciding if my content would be an adequate fit for you, your product, and your audience. To this end, I have included the following information below:
- My Background
- Previously Published Content
- What Others Are Saying
- What You Can Expect
- Service & Price Guarantee
- Related Links
If you want to check my availability, or if you have questions before proceeding further, please e-mail me through the form in the right-hand sidebar of your screen (titled Media Appearance Request).
After graduating from LSU in the spring of 2005, I began my career as a Sarbanes-Oxley compliance intern for Deloitte in Philadelphia, PA. Upon successfully completing their internship program, I returned to Baton Rouge to acquire the additional college credits required to sit for the CPA exam. Over the next eight years, I worked for a national firm in Dallas, Texas, as well as, a local firm in Shreveport, Louisiana. During this time, I experienced a number of life-changing events that included:
- Earning my certified public accountant (CPA) license at age 24,
- Marrying my wife, Tiffany, whom I met during my last year at LSU,
- Losing my mother to cancer,
- Becoming a father of two awesome children, and
- Losing my father-in-law to a rare lung disease
In June 2014, I made the leap from staff accountant to sole proprietor, as I founded my CPA practice, Wright Accounting & Consulting, L.L.C. Going into business for myself was the realization of a childhood dream, and it continues to motivate, inspire, and satisfy my spirit on a daily basis.
Shortly after starting my practice, I created the Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs Blog for the purpose of sharing my experiences as a sole proprietor in the professional services industry, as well as, my knowledge of accounting, entrepreneurship, investments, and taxation with professionals and business owners of the Shreveport/Bossier community. By doing so, I hope to educate others, build mutually beneficial relationships, and ultimately, become recognized as a thought leader within my peer-group.
My wife, Tiffany, and I are both natives of Shreveport, Louisiana, but we were complete strangers until a chance meeting during our time at LSU. We have two children – son, Dixon, and daughter, Brynlee – whom currently attend grade school at Calvary Baptist Academy. In my free time, I enjoy reading, writing, hunting, and fishing.
Previously Published Content
Below is a sample of my content that was previously published by BIZ.Magazine and the Shreveport Times.
For a complete list of my previously published content, please click here:
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and e-mail messages.
- A personal consultation (either by phone or in-person) with me prior to your deadline, so that I can understand how best to serve you and your audience.
- Exposure to my 1,000+ member network by way of my blog, social media channels, and e-mail list, as follows:
- Prior to publication, an announcement on my blog that includes the name of your publication and/or website/blog in the headline and body of the post,
- At the time of publication, the content will be shared across my social channels which include Facebook (500+ friends/likes), LinkedIn (400+ connections), Twitter (125+ followers), and Google+,
- Following initial publication, inclusion in my monthly e-newsletter to 200+ recipients,
- Backlinks from my blog whenever possible and appropriate, and
- If desired, addition of your company logo to appropriate location on my blog.
- Professionally prepared/drafted content that meets your needs as discussed prior to delivery.
- Upon conclusion, a follow-up communication to ensure my service and content met your expectations (and any feedback you are willing to provide on how I can improve).