Over the previous fifteen years, I have worked diligently in obtaining an education and gaining valuable experience that culminated in launching Wright Accounting & Consulting, L.L.C. An overview of my resume is provided below:
- Post-Secondary (College) Education. LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY (LSU), Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Class of 2005 (2001 – 2005). Additional 30 collegiate credits in accounting and business coursework in 2006 (for the purpose of obtaining 150 hours required to sit for CPA exam).
- Continuing Professional Education. Obtained approximately 250 hours of continuing professional education from 2008 – 2014 in meeting CPA licensing requirements of Louisiana State Board.
- Individual Income Tax Planning & Preparation,
- Financial Planning for Individuals,
- Business Income Tax Planning & Preparation,
- Estate & Trust Tax Planning & Preparation,
- IRS Representation and Problem Resolution Support,
- Bookkeeping & Write-Up Accounting,
- Payroll Processing & Payroll Tax Compliance,
- Financial Statement Compilations, and
- Numerous Consulting Engagements including Transaction Analysis, Quickbooks Support, Employee Training, and Business Formation Guidance
- Oil & Gas,
- Real Estate,
- Professional Services,
- Health Care,
- Manufacturing, and
Specific Engagement Experience
- Preparation and review of various tax returns for individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), corporations, S-corporations, estates, trusts, and retirement plans
- Represented business client being examined by IRS. Prepared responses to IRS inquiries, gathered information requested by revenue agent, facilitated examination process, explained repercussions of audit findings, and presented resolution options to client.
- Assisted individual, business, estate, and trust clients in responding to government (i.e., IRS, LDR, etc.) notices involving income tax, payroll tax, dependents, timeliness in filing, and various other matters
- Assisted individual client in requesting transcripts and filing delinquent tax returns
- Provided outsourced bookkeeping services for a manufacturing business. Duties included cash receipts and disbursements posting, bank reconciliations, customer invoice preparation, entering vendor bills, vendor check generation, payroll processing, direct deposit of employee wages, payroll tax deposit submission, and preparation of payroll tax returns
- Monthly compilations of two governmental rural hospitals. Duties include bank reconciliations, A/R aging analysis and contractual adjustment estimations, maintaining fixed asset schedules, posting depreciation, preparing A/P reconciliations, accruing payroll liabilities, amortizing bond premiums/discounts, amortizing capital leases, preparing annual financial statements w/ related disclosures in accordance w/ SSARS.
- Responsible for keeping educational services company books. Duties included recording revenue and expenditures, printing checks for vendors, and paying employees. Also responsible for maintaining unearned revenue, fixed assets depreciation, reconciling bank statements and compiling monthly financial statements on OCBOA in accordance w/ SSARS
- Monthly bookkeeping for apartment management company. Duties include general ledger review, intercompany receivables and payables reconciliation, posting monthly adjusting journal entries, preparing annual financial statements with related notes and disclosures in accordance w/ SSARS, and completing tax returns.
- Monthly bookkeeping for single-member LLC owning mineral interests (royalties & working interests) in Louisiana and Texas. Duties include posting cash receipts and disbursements, bank reconciliations, preparation of joint-interest billing invoice checks, annual preparation of contractor 1099s, and income tax reporting of income and expenses on owner’s individual income tax return.
- Monthly bookkeeping for multi-member LLC involved in renting and “flipping” residential real estate in local market. . Duties include posting cash receipts and disbursements, bank reconciliations, preparation of vendor checks, annual preparation of contractor 1099s, and partnership tax return preparation.
- Employee training for health care facility’s controller and assistance with chart-of-account set up for implementation of new computer system.
- Provided Quickbooks guidance for construction contractor’s office manager and bookkeeper.
- Identification of various strategies for individuals and drafting of communication to clients regarding situational analysis of transactions.
- Provided guidance to individual client in forming a single-member limited liability company for their service business.