Wright Mineral Interests, L.L.C. (WMI) is a single-member limited liability company (LLC) organized under Louisiana law. I created the company on April 18, 2012 for the purpose of holding working interests and royalty interests in oil & gas leases within Louisiana and Texas.
When my mother passed away in October 2009, I became a partial owner of oil & gas leases in north Louisiana and east Texas. Upon receipt of these assets from her estate, I created a limited liability company, Wright Mineral Interests, L.L.C., and simultaneously contributed the interests to the LLC. After successfully forming and funding the company, I began operating and managing the affairs related to owning oil and gas leases.
Wright Mineral Interests, L.L.C. has maintained its royalties and working interests in north Louisiana and east Texas, and it occasionally acquires operating interests in new deals. As the managing member of the company, I carry out the day-to-day activities, including:
- Accounting & recordkeeping,
- Performing month-end close of books,
- Prepare annual tax compliance (income and vendor 1099s),
- Process & execute division orders, authorization for expenditures, and joint-interest billings,
- Oversee regulatory compliance with state (LA) agencies (Secretary of State and Department of Natural Resources), and
- Prepare well-by-well reconciliations for tax reporting purposes.
Professional Services – Oil & Gas Related